The intensive development and implementation of biometric technologies affects an increasing number of industries and is experiencing a real boom in Russia and the world. The global market is projected to grow from $ 36.6 billion in 2020 to $ 68.6 billion by 2025. Most of it will be in the market segments related to the use of cars and retail. According to J’son & Partners Consulting, in Russia the annual growth rates of biometric technologies in the next 4 years will amount to more than 25%, and, unlike global trends, where Fingerprint development prevails, the key local trend is Facial Recognition with a 50% share.
According to a study by Goode Intelligence, by 2023 there will be almost 579 million biometric payment cards worldwide, and the number of biometric payment users will exceed 2.6 billion. remember PIN codes and passwords. In addition, biometric systems are easy to install and operate for personnel.
The main limitation on the way of their distribution in the world is considered to be the high cost, but this is not typical for all developers. For example, IXR offers solutions for retailers (and not only) using Facial Recognition, the main advantages of which are not only innovation and reliability, but also an affordable price. In particular:
- Payment by a person - for purchases and participation in loyalty programs based on biometric data on CSR. The tablets use the Intel Real Sense 3D camera in the IXR SST package.
- Employee tabulation. Automatic control of the arrival and departure of personnel to work with an accuracy of 99% is carried out through tablets with biometrics. Special sensors in badges record the location of an employee on the territory of the store.
- The queue control and forecasting system analyzes information on the traffic of incoming and outgoing customers. Based on a self-learning neural network, it produces predictions with a 10-minute interval and an accuracy of 78% or more.
- Controlling driver sleep fatigue helps to halve the chance of an accident. Biometric sensors that read the frequency of blinking can determine whether the driver is looking at the road, whether he is busy with the phone, or completely falls asleep.
What customer challenges do IXR biometrics products solve?
As already noted, retail is one of the main customers of biometrics on a global scale, due to multiple industry effects. Thus, the technology helps to improve the security of financial transactions, to ensure control over access to classified information and material values, to optimize bandwidth and provide a modern service to customers.
The latest technologies and algorithms for biometric identification and human recognition used in IXR products simplify the shopping process and participate in loyalty programs for customers, automate personnel management functions, help counteract shoplifting, queuing, etc.
In addition to the introduction of new technologies, great attention is paid to the ergonomics and usability of tablets with cameras and scanners by customers, their design and functionality. As a result, visitors to IXR's customer stores receive a positive user experience and can appreciate the benefits of the new payment method.
The innovativeness of IXR products is ensured by 4 aspects:
- Integration of the company's products into a single system that performs the entire range of tasks related to the operation of retail, without breakdowns and downtime.
- IXR solutions are the first in the world to be replicated on a large scale required by large retailers.
- The company achieves the reliability of a bank terminal using serial equipment.
- Sensors that measure the depth and liveliness of the face, as well as temperature, are associated with a large amount of data. In the company's products, they are packaged in small amounts of memory, and they can be used without loss of speed and without lags.
Reliability, ease of use and maintenance, low, in comparison with competitors, the cost of the implementation project - these are the main characteristics of IXR products, in the creation of which innovative technologies, in general, and biometrics, in particular, are used.